Tuesday, September 04, 2007



I am having a great day today, and I'll tell ya why:

I spent the morning at the new student orientation meeting at our elementary school. My kids are starting school tomorrow, including my youngest, who will be in kindergarten. That means that all three of them will be away at school all day.

I have to admit, I've been dreaming about this moment for years, but I hadn't imagined the sense of freedom it would bring. It's hard to put into words -- I adore my kids, but I've been home with them for almost nine years now. Anyway, I would feel guilty, but I know I'm not the only parent who's glad school is starting. (Remember that Staples commercial with the giddy parents buying school supplies? "It's the most won-der-ful tiiiime - of the yeeear!) I don't know how parents who home school make it through with their sanity intact.

And as if that wasn't enough to make me smile, my amazing and talented friend and critique partner, Maya Reynolds, has her first book out today!! I'm SO excited!

Maya and I have been working together for a couple of years now, and I have learned so much from her in that time. (Note to aspiring writers: Find a critique partner who is better than you -- it can only improve your writing!) She's talented, but she's also a uncompromising craftswoman -- and her dedication to her art is apparent in the final product.

Bad Girl is a really great book, and I am so, so proud of my friend.

So, of course, on the way back from school, I swung by Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy of her book. That first pic is Bad Girl on the shelves -- taken with my crappy cell phone camera. Too cool! Even my daughter was excited. :-)

The second picture is Bad Girl with a little more room to breathe...

If you like erotic romantic suspense, you are going to LOVE this book.

by Maya Reynolds
ISBN: 980451222107, NAL Heat

Feeling a little naughty? You should.

It was shy social worker Sandy Davis's favorite after-dark hobby, and her only vice: spying on neighbors during their most uninhibited moments. Night after night, through each different window, into each anonymous bedroom came the stuff of Sandy's wildest fantasies. Peeping didn't hurt anyone. It was just a game. No one ever had to know. Then one night the phone rang...

"You've been a bad girl."

He calls himself Justice. He has a pastime too: watching Sandy watch others. He has the pictures to prove it. Now it's his turn to play -- by making Sandy pay the price in exchange for his holding on to her naughty little secret. As the sensual dance between two strangers begins, so does Sandy's fear that she's moving closer to the edge of extreme desire -- and inescapable danger.

***
The book is just as amazing as it sounds. Go get a copy today!

No comments: