Monday, September 17, 2007



Sad News:

Well, it finally happened. My laptop breathed its last last weekend, and I'm sad. I know we live in the days of disposable technology, but I just don't work that way. I was on that laptop so often that it was almost an extension of my brain -- I didn't realize how much until I went through the process of trying to recover missing data!

I know it was time. It had worked long past its expected lifespan -- the laptop was a hand-me-down when I got it two years ago, and I had to attach an external storage device just to keep it going.

But I've done some good writing on that keyboard. I knew how many windows I could keep open before the system overloaded, my fingers knew exactly how hard I had to press on the "7" key to get it to work...

Oh, well. Onward and upward.

Happy News!

Loose Id has the cover of Gravitational Pull up on the "Coming Soon" page, so I guess it's okay to share it here, too! :-)

Isn't it beautiful! *sigh* I think it's my favorite so far.

I'll share an excerpt soon. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anne D said...

It's a very yummy cover! I ahve to say when it comes to who's got the best art work, LI wins hands down!

GO Mac Go MAc Go MAC! The computer not the makeup :)

Maya Reynolds said...

What a lovely cover.

Each of your covers just gets better.

Michelle Cary said...

Nice cover. At least you have something positive to help keep you going. I totally understand about the laptop. My works way harder than it was probably designed for and I also have the hard key issue, mine is the number 4. I keep backing up because I just know one day it will be happening to me!